This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is MY Equine of 19 Trinity Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 8QD.
Who we are
MY Equine (“We”) acts as a equine sports massage therapist and classical riding instructor.
This website and its owner take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to MY Equine contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect information?
MY Equine collects information in two possible ways:
a. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in contact forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
Where we process your data
We process data at our registered business address: MY Equine, 19 Trinity Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 8QD and (under contract) at the sites of data processors and third parties appointed by us. Some of these processors may be outside the EEA.
We apply UK data protection law to our processing.
Grounds for processing your data
We undertake activities for the following reasons
1. In pursuance of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation, including the promotion and marketing of our brand and services;
2. To enable us to fulfil any contractual obligations that may exist when you purchase any of our services;
3. Based on your consent (if applicable).
How long do we keep your data for?
MY Equine will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
MY Equine will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site contact form, to anyone.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to MY Equine by contacting email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by MY Equine regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact: email@example.com
Updates to this policy
Concerns or complaints
If you have any complaints about how we are collecting, storing or processing your data, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also complain to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Last updated: 21st May 2018